27 October 2009

Grace like rain.

It rained today – that soft, steady rain that soaks the ground and fills the lakes. I woke up to the sound of it pattering against the rooftop as if to say “Arise, oh sleeper. I have a story to share with you.” It drew shapes on the glass and blurred everything into a collage of deep green, rich blue and solemn grey. It played its own sweet rhythmic melody. The rain brought healing, hope, inspiration. And it brought something more - a picture of something profoundly precious.

Grace like rain, pours down on me. And all my stains are washed away.


Grace rained down today. Like the steady downpour, grace whispered “You are precious, you are prized, you are beloved.” Like the rain, grace drew shapes of redemption and worth on my heart, and blurred away the scars of rejection and abuse. It brought healing, hope, inspiration.

And grace played a Heavenly melody that, unlike the rain, knows no beginning or no end.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved. How precious did that grace appear, the hour I first believed.

Grace, like rain, pour.

No comments: