14 May 2011

Theme.


There’s a moment before every journey to care for the discarded where the sweet whisper of the Lord says “here’s your theme.” Last time for me, it was “Little is much.” For Courtney, it was “Jesus first.”
This time, for me, the whisper came in the words of a song:

Yesterday, as Courtney and I arrived in Guatemala 15 hours late due to severe storms – dressed in the same clothes we had worn (and then slept in) the day before – God brought contentment. Today, God brought provision – from supply purchases that were EXACTLY our budgeted amount to small “wouldn’t it be great if…” wishes that became beautiful gifts. And tonight, as we sit in a hotel room filled with clothes, shoes, baking supplies, teaching materials, and gifts for precious orphans and their tireless caregivers, we are reminded of the Lord’s provision once again. This time, He speaks through Facebook and Twitter. Yes, good old social media. He whispers through the team who will be joining us tomorrow.
Kylie McCracken  suitcases packed – check! passport – check! boarding pass printed – check! alarm set for 4am – check! so excited im not going to be able to sleep…check!
Amy Studdard Hobbs  Just waiting on the clock. Tick…Tock…
Shea McLaughlin Tessitore  God place me right where you need me. Have me do what I was called to do.
Ashley Davidson Praying for a refreshing night of sleep, to wake up energized and ready to roll. #expectbigthings
Kylie’s photo tells the story of provision each team member has experienced as they prepared for this journey.

“My stuff fits in a carryon...but all this is a different story! Thanks to everyone who gave and get to be part of this experience with me!”
And Amy has been given a theme too. I love how the Lord whispers to each of us.

Tomorrow, our precious friends will arrive, and our team will continue a journey that began when each of us heard that very first whisper saying “go.” I wait expectantly to see what He will bring.

Oh You bring hope to the hopeless
And light to those in the darkness
And death to life
Now I’m alive
Oh You give peace to the restless
And joy to homes that are broken
I see You now
In You I’m found
And You opened the door for me
And You laid down
Your life to set me free
All that I am will serve You Lord
And You opened my eyes to see
All the wonder and awe of Christ in me
Jesus You’re everything I need
Oh You fill those who are empty
And rescue those in the valley
And through it all You calm my soul
Oh You find me in my weakness
And heal the wounds of my heartache
I worship You in spirit and truth
All honour
All glory
All praise to You

No comments: